Egg Donor Application
Policies and Procedures
CHR believes it is important for you to understand the commitment you will be making as a participant in the Egg Donor Program. The following provides an outline of your responsibilities as an egg donor:
- To undergo any blood tests for hormone levels, infectious disease and drug screening that are needed.
- To undergo psychological screening, as required.
- To take all medications as instructed.
- Daily injections of Lupron® for 2-6 weeks.
- One or two daily injections of gonadoptropins to stimulate your ovaries to produce more than one egg.
- One injection of human chorionic gonadoptropin (hcg) to help to mature eggs and prepare them for egg retrieval.
- The possible use of antibiotics, taken orally to prevent infection.
- Any other medication, as instructed.
- To keep all appointments for vaginal ultrasounds and laboratory tests.
- To abstain from intercourse or to use a non-hormonal form of contraception, such as condoms or a diaphragm, if intercourse takes place during the cycle.
- To notify the CHR staff if you engage in intercourse with a new partner.
- To refrain from the use of all recreational drugs. To report any prescriptions or non-prescription drug use to the egg donor coordinator.
- To undergo oocyte aspiration via a needle placed in your ovaries, using transvaginal ultrasound guided techniques with intravenous sedation.
- To donate all your retrieved oocytes (eggs) to a recipient who will be matched with you at the beginning of the cycle. You will relinquish any claim to all oocytes (eggs) and/or offspring that may result from the use of your eggs for in-vitro fertilization at the time of egg retrieval. You may be matched to more than one recipient in a given cycle.
- Compensation for your expenses, inconvenience, risks and discomfort as a result of participating and completing the egg retrieval will be $8,000 at our CHR-New York practice. In the event that a cycle is canceled through no fault of your own before egg retrieval and after you have begun injectable medications, you will be compensated $1,000. If you fail to comply with any treatment or requirement, jeopardizing the cycle and causing it to be canceled, you will receive no compensation.
- An insurance policy will be taken out in your name to mitigate the financial risk of any unexpected complications or hospitalization as a result of your participation in this program.
The Consents that you will be required to sign are provided here for your convenience.
- Donor Egg Program Agreement
- Egg Donor Consent
- Follicular Aspiration
- Use of Fertility Enhancing Medications
To view the Consent Forms you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free at:
Last Updated: October 25, 2011