How much does IVF cost?
The CHR also offers special financial conditions for patients who do not have insurance coverage and on occasion may offer access to free infertility medications. We strive to make the cost of IVF treatment affordable and accessible to everyone, while maintaining our high IVF success rates.
If you don’t have insurance coverage for IVF, and your place of residence is within the United States, CHR offers three special discounted cycle rates. If any of these situations apply to you, click the appropriate category below to see discount details:
- Uninsured and gross family income not over $50,000
- Uninsured and gross family income not over $75,000
- Uninsured and gross family income not over $100,000
Please note that these discounted rates include only the basics of an IVF cycle and do not include extra services that may be required in certain IVF cycles. To be more specific, the following IVF services are included and excluded, respectively:
- Pre-retrieval cycle monitoring with ultrasounds and bloods
- Oocyte (egg) retrieval (excluding anesthesia costs)
- Embryo transfer
- All medications (we at times receive medications from pharmaceutical companies, which, if available, are offered to our patients free of charge)
- All diagnostic pre-testing for female and male partner
- All medical care required as consequences of unexpected medical complications, inclusive of hospital care
- Anesthesia ($500.00 is paid to an independent anesthesiologist)
- Special IVF add-on procedures, such as:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted zona hatching (AZH)
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Gender selection
- Cryopreservation (freezing) of embryos
- Subsequent transfer of frozen/thawed embryos
In consideration of economic hardships, and in recognition of the considerable expenses of infertility treatments, CHR extends to uninsured patients these programs with the special discounted fee schedules described in the links above. Please note that this and any other discount programs we offer do not apply to patients from overseas. By accepting one of these discounted fee schedules, patients confirm that their annual gross income does not exceed the specified limits and that they have no insurance coverage and will not apply for reimbursement from any third party payer for services provided by CHR. In addition, as these discounted rates are not offered in the presence of insurance coverage, we will not provide an itemized billing, but a summary financial statement.
If you have any questions about our IVF costs, IVF financing or treatment options, please complete the Pre-IVF E-Mail Consultation Form or call 212-994-4400.
CHR's David Barad, MD discusses why individualization is crucial in order to achieve the highest IVF success rates.
Last Updated: October 22, 2011