The last few weeks witnessed a significant step toward much-needed public awareness of the potential harm caused by the wide utilization of preimplantation genetic screening (PGS): New York Magazine published the first report in the mainstream media on the subject. For over a decade, CHR has been cautioning IVF patients and physicians that the various forms of PGS do not live up to the promise of better pregnancy rates and lower miscarriage rates, and we welcome the publication of this important article.
In this issue, we cover:
- New York Magazine about PGS: Tells it as it is!
- Short summary of CHR’s involvement in PGS history
- Oldest woman to conceive with her own eggs delivers a healthy baby after IVF at CHR
- Announcing the Reproductive Immunology Initiative
- The top 3 most frequently missed diagnoses of infertility