Ovarian Rejuvenation Study, Rescue IVM and more: February VOICE Digest
Uniformly, the whole staff at CHR enjoys those moments when, usually unannounced, former patients bring by their CHR babies to present to coordinators, embryologists and physicians the results of their combined efforts. Usually this happens sometimes during the first year of the child’s life, sometimes a little later. Only very rarely does it happen after 15 years. This, though, is exactly what happened last month when one of our former patients, completely unannounced, brought by her wonderful twin girls, now 15 years old (see photograph).
The girls, indeed, were one of the earliest pregnancies established after CHR’s 2001 move to its current location, and it became an emotional moment when their mother started shedding tears, telling how she still preserves the empty ampules and used syringes from her IVF cycle as memento of a life-changing event. One of the twin girls is planning on going to medical school, while the other wants to be an interior designer. We wish them Good Luck and congratulate the whole family on a job really exceptionally well done. We were so happy you came by after 15 years!
In this issue of the CHR VOICE, we cover:
- Announcing the new ovarian rejuvenation study
- Rescue in vitro maturation (R-IVM) for poor prognosis patients
- Routine fresh or frozen embryo transfer?
- First 2017 statistics from CHR: The median age of patients jumps to 43
- Two journalists examine egg freezing with more nuance than unquestioning enthusiasm
- How long can frozen embryos be used for transfers?
- Cloning monkeys in China
Norbert Gleicher, MD, leads CHR’s clinical and research efforts as Medical Director and Chief Scientist. A world-renowned specialist in reproductive endocrinology, Dr. Gleicher has published hundreds of peer-reviewed papers and lectured globally while keeping an active clinical career focused on ovarian aging, immunological issues and other difficult cases of infertility.
We have helped women bring over 17,800 babies into the world.Discover your treatment options
- Breaking News in ScienceLetter to President Biden and Secretary Designate of HHS, Xavier Becerra In a published letter (Santoro et al Reprod Sciences 2021; https:/doi.org/10.1007/s43032-021-00491-9), a
- More On COVID-19DOES THE BRITISH STRAIN B.1.1.7 INCREASE MORTALITY OVER D614G? A just published study by British investigators claims that not only infectivity of the
- Mild Ovarian StimulationTwo prominent voices in the fertility field known as longstanding supporters of mild ovarian stimulation were at it once again (Nargund and Fauser, Reprod Biomed Online 2020;41:569-571) when
- Brief Case Studies in Clinical InfertilityIs there a place for DHEA and CoQ10 in women undergoing “planned” egg-freezing? At CHR, women undergoing egg-freeing cycles undergo a very