The VOICE Digest: March 2021
In this issue, we continue to offer what we consider the most important news relating to the infertility field and/or reproductive biology in the preceding month. We in this issue, however, also are responding to two requests we received from our readers: The first was a request for brief “case studies” regarding the use of certain medications in fertility therapy; the second was a suggestion to comment on the ethics of contemporary IVF practice. Because the latter is quite an extensive subject, we in this issue of the VOICE start a series of articles on the subject, beginning with increasing concerns about rapidly growing huge numbers of cryopreserved gametes (sperm and eggs) and embryos. Other ethical issues of concern with contemporary IVF practice will be addressed in future issues.
COVID-19 Vaccines and Pregnancy
As more states open up vaccinations for pregnant women, and more professional organizations join in by issuing statements of support, we are encourages by the clinical trials which will now include pregnant women. Read more here about clinical trials and COVID-19 updates.
Also included in the March VOICE
- Pregnancy rates have plummeted during COVID-19
- USPSTF now recommends low-dose aspirin to prevent preeclampsia for high-risk patients
- Retinopathy after use of Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil®)
- Associations of endometriosis with SLE
- The benefits of consecutive Mamograms
- Maternal medial conditionals increase the risk of Cerebral Palsy in children
- Access to Fertility Coverage Expanded by NY State for Same Sex Couples
- Mild Ovarian Stimulation
- Breaking News in Science
Norbert Gleicher, MD, leads CHR’s clinical and research efforts as Medical Director and Chief Scientist. A world-renowned specialist in reproductive endocrinology, Dr. Gleicher has published hundreds of peer-reviewed papers and lectured globally while keeping an active clinical career focused on ovarian aging, immunological issues and other difficult cases of infertility.
We have helped women bring over 17,800 babies into the world.Discover your treatment options
- Breaking News in ScienceLetter to President Biden and Secretary Designate of HHS, Xavier Becerra In a published letter (Santoro et al Reprod Sciences 2021; https:/doi.org/10.1007/s43032-021-00491-9), a
- More On COVID-19DOES THE BRITISH STRAIN B.1.1.7 INCREASE MORTALITY OVER D614G? A just published study by British investigators claims that not only infectivity of the
- Mild Ovarian StimulationTwo prominent voices in the fertility field known as longstanding supporters of mild ovarian stimulation were at it once again (Nargund and Fauser, Reprod Biomed Online 2020;41:569-571) when
- Brief Case Studies in Clinical InfertilityIs there a place for DHEA and CoQ10 in women undergoing “planned” egg-freezing? At CHR, women undergoing egg-freeing cycles undergo a very