Second Opinion Program
With convenient online second opinion consultations, CHR’s fertility experts can help you navigate through your fertility diagnoses and treatment options.
How it works
- Submit the consultation form
- Authorize the consultation
- A CHR representative will contact you for confirmation and payment.
- A CHR physician will review your case
- You will receive a second opinion within 5 days via email
Expected Benefits of a Second Opinion
A second opinion consultation may:
- Help you understand what your infertility issues are
- Assess if any additional fertility tests are necessary
- Help you understand what your ovarian reserve status is, and what the implications are
- Evaluate your current fertility treatment plan
- Help you set realistic goals and expectations
- Propose a fertility treatment plan that best suits your ovarian reserve status
After a second opinion consultation, you may decide to pursue a different path in your fertility treatment, or make modifications to your current plans. Or you may be reassured that your current treatment path is the best one available for your specific situation. It is always good to feel informed and confident about your fertility treatment decisions, and we are here to help you reach this point via an fertility expert second opinion consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our fee is $350 for a complete second opinion consultation. If your case requires a follow-up consultation, the fee structure is as follows:
- Complete second opinion with follow-up telephone consultation $475
- Complete second opinion with follow-up consultation in our office $600
One of our receptionists will contact you to confirm your second opinion consultation within 48 hours of the receipt of your authorization form (step #2). Please allow five (5) business days for our physician to provide you with a second opinion in an email.
We do not accept insurance assignments for the second opinion consultation. However, many insurance companies encourage second opinions, and therefore, reinburse costs for second opinions. We will, free of charge, fill out claim forms for insurance if they are sent to our administrative office at 21 E. 69th Street, New York, NY 10021, within 14 days from the initial consultation.
If you sign up for a second opinion and, within one month, request additional services from CHR, we will discount the new services by the cost of the second opinion.
Our infertility specialists will provide the analysis and recommendations contained in the second opinion in written format.
Policy & Procedures
CHR believes it is important for you to understand the commitment we will make to provide you with a sound Second Opinion. The following provides an outline of our responsibility as a Second Opinion expert:
- We will carefully review your medical history.
- If we find any piece of information missing, we will contact you.
- You can expect to receive a Second Opinion within 5 business days.If for some reason we are delayed, we will contact you with an update on when you can expect to receive our Seond Opinion.
- Our Second Opinion is exclusively based on the information we received from you.
Our second opinion is based exclusively on the information transmitted to us electronically. The second opinion, therefore, cannot be equated to a full medical consultation which relies on a face-to-face encounter between a physician and a patient, and, where indicated, physical examinations and tests can be performed.
Our second opinion is also fully dependent on the representations made by submitting patients. Submitted materials are, according to medical standards, evaluated by a physician, licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York (where CHR is located), with special expertise in infertility. The evaluation of submitted materials takes place in New York State, and is considered a medical opinion offered in New York State, subject to New York laws.
Final medical recommendations can only be made in combining knowledge about the patient's detailed medical history with a careful evaluation of physical findings and examination of laboratory tests.
Patients submitting a request for a second opinion to CHR should, therefore, act upon the opinion only after having a personal consultation with a physician.
Last Updated: November 15, 2014