SUBSCRIBE to our channel
for updates on new videos from CHR
Androgens & Egg Development: DHEA Study in Animals
The Center for Human Reproduction's Dr. Norbert Gleicher explains that a healthy level of androgens is essential in the early stages of follicle development as demonstrated in studies of DHEA in mice.
Related Articles: IVF Approaches for Women with Low Functional Ovarian Reserve
Now while this happens also some very interesting work happened in the laboratory not at CHR, started to understand the effects of androgens of male hormones and HA is a mouth male hormone which in our bodies is the precursor for all sex hormones in other words it's being converted in our bodies into testosterone, estrogens both to male and female hormones and scientists in various mouse laboratories developed models that allowed them to investigate the effects of these male hormone of these androgens on follicle growth and as it turned out all of these models came more or less to the same conclusion, that in contrast to what we used to believe and what we used to believe is that male hormones are bad for follicle growth in women, in contrast to those believes it turned out that good male hormone specifically testosterone levels indeed are essential for the early stages of follicle maturation
What online fertility tests can and cannot tell youPremature Ovarian Aging (POA)
Preventing Early Miscarriages at 6 to 8 WeeksRepeated Miscarriages
Causes of Early Miscarriages at 6 to 8 WeeksRepeated Miscarriages
Most Popular Videos
- How PCOS Affects Egg Quality
- What Not to Worry About Between Embryo Transfer and Pregnancy Test
- PGS and PGT-A: Why You Should Be Cautious About Genetic Testing
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment for Ovarian Rejuvenation: Does it Work?
- Ovarian Rejuvenation Study: Using PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) to treat Premature Ovarian Failure
- Almost 48-Year-Old Woman Delivers a Baby after IVF with Her Own Eggs
Most Popular Galleries
- Pregnancy Over 40: Discussing Ovarian Rejuvenation, Rescue IVM (In-Vitro Maturation), and Quality Embryo Transfer
- CHR's Research & Findings on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- How DHEA Increases Pregnancy Chances in IVF
- Treatment of Autoimmune Infertility: A Proactive Approach
- Overcoming Failed IVF Cycles at CHR
- Is Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) a Good Idea?